Thursday 12 January 2012

The Leopard Parkhurst

Call 011 447 6012
Physical Address: Corner of 4th Ave and 12th Street, Parkhurst, Johannesburg
Cuisine: International
Ambiance: Comfy, Casual & Happening
Opening Hours: Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat from 10:00am - 17:00pm (Lunch)
                           Wed , Fri - 10:00am - Close (Lunch & Dinner)



I walk into this small establishment seeing the whole room painted in white,with not much decor, the lamp shades table and chairs are all different from each other and I think well this should be interesting, the Leopard is situated in the hustle & bustle of 4th avenue in Parkhurst with tables right on the sidewalk just a meter away from the street and man let me tell you this is the perfect place to sit and relax and just take in the Jo`burg vibe!


Service began with a shaky start with me having to go get my own menu, other than that everything went super smooth.After sitting for a while I realized that this is what they are going for, a nice chilled out vibe!


I ordered an  Iced Rooibos and Ginger Tea (Which is homemade of course) seeing that they are not licensed but you are more than welcome to bring your own, everything on the menu is organic from grain fed beef to organic chicken and eggs and they also buy their dairy from smaller producers who do not use growth hormones or antibiotics, and all fish and seafood are on the SASSI green list so I will just claim that as winning!

My service ambassador comes closer to take my order I decide on a Plata platter which 
includes a Taro leaf & Marsala  roll-up with apple-atchar & Tzaziki sauce and what a treat it was, my roll-up was a little dry but still very tasty, the Tzaziki sauce was just the right consistency and the Apple-atchar complimented the meal beautifully in a whole.


After Starters my ambassador returns to take my Main Course order where by I gave him the decision what to order for me, he ended up surprising me with an old classic, a mouth watering Chicken Prego Roll "with lots of tomato and caramalised onion sauce" served between two slices of soft, fresh Ciabatta  bread, it was absolutely delicious definitely a Prego I would come back for!



This restaurant is definitely worth the effort even if its just for a quick lunch!

Keep up the good work guys!







No comments:

Post a Comment